Hariri's killing: Investigating of senior Syrian officials to start
Head of the International Investigating Committee into former Lebanese premier Rafiq Hariri's killing, Detliv Mehlis, arrived in Damascus on Tuesday. According to SANA, Mehlis is expected to meet a number of Syrian persons as witnesses as part of the mission assigned to him."
According to AFP Mehlis is expected to question senior officials, including Interior Minister Ghazi Kanaan, a former military intelligence chief in Lebanon; his successor Rustom Ghazaleh, who left along with Syrian forces in April, and two key aides in Beirut, Mohammed Makhlouf and Jamaa Jamaa.
"Mehlis's visit to Damascus might last until end of this week", SANA added.
- Chief UN investigator delays Syria visit
- Hariri killing: Six senior Syrian officers summoned for interrogation
- Hariri assassination: Syria vows to cooperate with UN investigation committee
- Hariri assassination: Chief U.N. investigator ”optimistic” about Syrian cooperation
- Mehlis sure Syria behind Hariri killing