Hassan Rowhani states that security of Persian Gulf is a top national concern
Secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council (SNSC) Hassan Rowhani said on Tuesday that Iran regards security of Persian Gulf states as its national security concern.
Citing Note 8 of United Nations Security Council Resolution 598, Rowhani called for organization of security arrangement for the Persian Gulf states.
According to IRNA, he said that weapons of mass destruction are detrimental to humanity and that Iran has been a victim to chemical attack.
He ensured that there is no place for nuclear arms in Iranian defense strategy and will not be in future.
- Top official: Iran ready to co-operate on fight againt nuclear proliferation
- Top official: Iran to continue talks if uranium enrichment resumes
- Irans slams US, says nuclear plans - ''peaceful''
- Senior official: Iran to accept nuclear watchdog inspection ''unconditionally''
- Iran chief nuclear negotiator tenders resignation