Palestinian man killed in West Bank clashes
A Palestinian man has been killed by Israeli forces during a clash near the West Bank city of Hebron.
The man, identified as Munir Ahmed Badarin, was shot dead near Al-Samua, in the southern part of the West Bank, and died in hospital later on Monday, his relatives said.
The incident came as Israeli forces arrested 23 Palestinians overnight as part of a campaign against those the Israeli regime accuses of being responsible for the “kidnapping” and “killing” of three Israeli settlers last month.
Israel blames Palestinian resistance movement Hamas for the killing of the settlers. Hamas, however, has denied any involvement in the incident.
After the bodies of the three settlers were found earlier, a group of Israelis burned a Palestinian teen to death in East al-Quds. The 16-year-old Palestinian teenager, Mohammed Abu Khdeir, was bundled into a car and later burnt to death by Israeli settlers.
On July 8, Israel also began an aerial bombing campaign on the Gaza Strip, which has killed 173 Palestinians and injured 1,230 others so far.
Despite international calls for an end to Israel’s bombardment of Gaza, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the Tel Aviv regime was hitting Gaza “with growing force” and that there was no end in sight.
The Israeli military has called up thousands of reservists for an all-out invasion of the Gaza Strip. Hamas has warned that it is prepared to hit back at Israeli forces if the Tel Aviv regime launches a ground attack against Gaza.