Palestinian child in coma after being shot by IDF in West Bank
Israeli forces shot and seriously injured a Palestinian child during clashes near Hebron on Sunday, medics said.
Hazim al-Shalalda, the directer of al-Mizan hospital, told Ma'an that 11-year-old Moheyeddin Salah Idriss was shot in the chest with a live bullet during the clashes.
The boy is currently in a coma and undergoing a complex medical procedure, al-Shalalda said.
Moheyeddin was shot during clashes near Kiryat Arba settlement east of Hebron, where protesters threw rocks and Israeli soldiers fired live bullets and tear gas at Palestinians.
An Israeli army spokeswoman said she was looking into the incident.
- IDF and Palestinian protesters clash
- VIDEO: Deaf, mute Palestinian bystander loses eye after being shot by IDF soldiers
- Israeli settler fatally stabbed West Bank as IDF launch targeted airstrike in Gaza
- Palestinian news agency: Gaddafi falls into coma
- Palestinian woman shot after stabbing Israeli in West Bank