Hezbollah claims attack on Israeli soldiers
Hezbollah's Supreme Leader Hassan Nasrallah said late Wednesday that the Lebanese Shiite group was responsible for the bombs that wounded four Israeli soldiers inside Lebanese territory last week.
The Israeli army confirmed the reports that four soliders had been injured, but declined to comment on which side of the border they were on when the attack occurred.
"We had prior information that the Israelis were going to pass through this zone (in south Lebanon). Bombs were placed there and when they came that night, they were detonated," Hezbollah chief Nasrallah told Beirut-based satellite station Al-Mayadeen, according to AFP.
The blasts were the first instance of Hezbollah executing an operation targeting Israelis since the bitter war fought between Hezbollah and Israel in 2006.
"We will not accept Israeli violations of our territory," Nasrallah warned. "As soon as we know that the Israelis have entered Lebanese territory, the party will face (them) in timely fashion", AFP reported.
- Israel shells south Lebanon in retaliation for bomb targeting Israeli soldiers
- Cyprus terrorist on trial admits to being a member of Hezbollah
- Russian Official Returns To Beirut from Damascus To Discuss Israeli Prisoners
- Two rockets hit Hezbollah stronghold in Beirut
- Hezbollah claims responsibility for attack on Israeli military patrol