Hi-Tech Investment Opportunities in Saudi Educational System
The kingdom's relatively large student and teacher population in the Kingdom makes the education sector a lucrative investment opportunity for the private sector, according to
Dr. Khaled al-Awad from the education ministry.
Al-Hayat daily reports Al-Awad said that the Internet and computer sectors offer many investment opportunities for the private sector.
Speaking at the Saudi Computer 2000 exhibition, he said there are roughly 4 million students and 300,000 teachers in the kingdom, a promising market potential for private investors. And in October 2000, Al-Awad announced, there would be a national conference for computer usage in the education sector.
In the meantime, beginning next month, the Internet will be available in schools as the country seeks to expose students to the various information sources, including the Internet. The first stage will include 16 schools.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Private Battles Public in Saudi School System
- Principals Praise Education Ministry’s Initiative
- The Ministry of Education and Coca-Cola introduce the new "Schools e-com" project in all Coca-Cola ‘Schools.com’ labs.
- Conference Tries to Lure Jordanian Businessmen to Boost Investment at Home
- Jordan to Install 5,000 Computers for 7th Graders