High-heeled Girls pay fine in Saudi school
Girls who wear high-heels, at a school in the eastern part of the Saudi kinhdom, have to pay a 20-riyal (5.3-dollar) fine, a newspaper daily reported Monday.
The school, in the city of Dammam located in the kingdom’s eastern province, has also imposed fines for other "violations" in a bid to enforce a strict code of discipline, Okaz daily reported.
In addition, students caught cheating at exams pay 50 riyals (13.3 dollars), late arrivals two riyals (0.5 dollars) and those bringing sweets pay an amount of 10 riyals (2.7 dollars), as do those with finger-nails deemed too long.
Furthermore, girls who cause trouble or leave classrooms without permission are required to pay five riyals (1.3 dollars), the newspaper said.
An official from the school told the daily that fines are imposed only on repeat offenders and that the money would be returned to the girls at the end of the year.
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Lipton Clear Green girls basketball tournament creates excitement amongst youth in KSA
- FINE SCA Hygiene Jordan partners with Education Reform Support Program
- As the Saudi riyal sinks, will it depeg from the dollar?
- It’s Summertime and the Phishing Is Fine