Hizbollah will Swap Israeli Soldiers for Lebanese Held in Israel
The Lebanese Hizbollah movement will exchange three Israeli soldiers it captured Saturday for Lebanese detainees held in Israel, the group's leader said, according to AFP.
The movement captured three Israeli soldiers Saturday noon near the Israeli-Lebanese border after two Palestinians were killed and thirteen injured in clashes with Israeli troops near Shabaa farms.
Two of Hizbollah leaders, Abdul Karim Obeid and Mustafa Dirani, have been detained in Israeli jails without trial after they were kidnapped by Israeli commandos in the eighties – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Israeli Soldiers Wounded in Exchange of Fire with Hizbollah
- Israel Reports \'First Contact\' with Hizbollah over Prisoner Swap
- Sneh Says Release of Lebanese Militants Price to Pay for Soldiers' Freedom
- Nasrallah: No Swiss Mediation to Free Kidnapped Israelis
- Palestinian Groups Give Hizbollah Wish Lists of Israeli-Held Prisoners