Hizbullah denies connection to seized ship
Hizbullah on Thursday denied Israeli accusations that a huge shipment of arms seized the day before was destined for the Shiite group. "Hizbullah staunchly denies any link to the weapons that the Zionist enemy has seized from the Francop ship," the Lebanese group said in its statement.
"At the same time Hizbullah denounces Israel's piracy in international waters," it added.
Israel said the weapons were bound for Hizbullah from Iran.
Iran and Syria have also rejected Israel's accusations about the arms shipment and said the vessel transported civilian goods.
- Iran FM offers explanation for Nigeria arms shipment
- Israel seizes ”arms ship bound for Hizbullah”
- Shin Bet Boss Says More Israeli Arabs Join Hamas, Islamic Jihad; Arafat: Mossad Behind Karine A; Palestinian Killed
- Hizbullah rejects Israeli claims on arms shipment
- Israel Seizes Weapons Ship, Accuses Arafat