Hizbullah Deputy Secretary-General: Israel To Surrender Through Jihad, Martyrdom Operations
Lebanese Resistance Hizbullah deputy secretary-general Sheikh Naim Qassem said Sunday that Israel would only surrender through jihad and martyrdom operations (suicide attacks) and rejected any settlement leading to the renunciation of land or dignity, reported the Lebanese Daily Star.
Speaking during a commemorative ceremony held in Beirut’s southern suburbs, Qassem again expressed his support for Palestinian resistance, which he described as “a means of self defense.”
He declared useless all political and diplomatic solutions, since the Oslo and Madrid agreements had failed and Israel continued to bomb Palestinian territories and violate Lebanese airspace and seas.
Israel would only agree to solutions allowing it to control the economy and the land and wanted Arab countries to “act as slaves serving its interests in the region, not as partners,” according to Qassem. He also pledged to continue striving for the liberation of Lebanon. (Albawaba.com)
- Hizbullah confirms aid to Hamas as Israel suspends pullout from Lebanese town
- Islamic Jihad Secretary: Military Operations Might Move into Israel
- Lebanon's Hizbullah Says U.S. President the Manifestation of Evil
- Nasrallah re-elected as Hizbullah leader
- Georges Habash Congratulates Lebanese President on Israeli Withdrawal