Hizbullah leader invites Lebanese people to attend victory rally in Beirut
Hizbullah leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah invited the Lebanese people on Sunday to attend a "victory" rally in Beirut. "I call on you all to participate in a victory rally, your victory ... next Friday afternoon in the southern suburb, the suburb of honour, glory, faith, steadfastness and victory for the whole country and the whole nation," he said in a message aired on Hizbullah's Al-Manar Television.
"Let us renew our covenant and declare our joy at the divine victory to the whole world."
The rally will take place in the southern suburb of Beirut, a Hizbullah stronghold which was among the areas most devastated by Israeli strikes.
Nasrallah said the rally would be held in honour of Lebanese who died in the war and Lebanese detainees who remain in Israeli jails.
- Hizbullah celebrates victory over Israel with Nasrallah vowing to keep arms and calling government to step down
- Hizbullah leader declares all-out war on Israel
- Nasrallah: Hizbullah achieved ”strategic, historic victory” against Israel
- Nasrallah: Hizbullah to do "all it takes" to release Lebanese prisoners
- Israeli cabinet ratifies swap deal with Hizbullah