Honeywell Applies Virtualization Technology to Streamline Experon Management and Reduce Cost
Honeywell (NYSE:HON) today announced it is providing virtualization technology for its widely-used Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS). This technology can help manufacturers streamline Experion system management and lower the total cost of ownership by up to 30 percent. For many of today’s manufacturers, the process control environment requires separate servers to support different applications. Virtualization allows a single server to simultaneously run multiple operating systems and applications. It also improves reliability by insulating these operating systems from hardware changes. When process manufacturers use this technology with Experion, they can improve server utilization rates, reduce disruptive operating system and hardware changes and simplify overall system management.
- Oracle Unveils Oracle® VM - Faster, Cheaper and Scalable Server Virtualization; Fully Supported for Deploying
- SABIC-Owned Ibn Zahr Ties New Plant to Existing Facilities Using Honeywell’s Process Automation Platform
- honeywell introduces real-time locator system for manufacturing facilities
- Fujitsu makes server virtualization more accessible to SMBs across the Middle East
- honeywell wins process automation and fieldbus project with kppc