HONEYWELL USERS’ GROUP MIDDLE EAST ACHIEVES RECORD ATTENDANCE
Honeywell (NYSE:HON) today announced it is hosting its annual users group for a record over 150 customers from the Middle East. The annual conference, held from March 14-15 in Manama, Bahrain is now in its third year and is fast gaining in popularity, with attendance numbers rising every year.
The conference sessions will address topical issues such as industrial security, holistic safety and wireless technology, in order to determine new ways to improve performance in these key areas.
A highlight of this year’s event will be the first demonstration in the Middle East of the Experion™ PKS R300, which was launched last year. Honeywell’s Process Knowledge System (PKS) is a unified system for process, business and asset management that helps industrial manufacturers increase their profitability and productivity.
This year’s agenda includes customer presentations from Qatar Gas and Saudi Aramco, and a presentation on technology advances in automation from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals. It also features Honeywell technology breakout sessions, and an extensive, demonstration and exhibit area, set in a bright, informal atmosphere that encourages networking opportunities.
Numerous Honeywell customers from a variety of industries are scheduled to attend the event, including Adnoc, Gulf Petrochemicals Industries Company, Qatar Petroleum, SABIC, Saudi Aramco, Equate, Qatar Petrochemical, Qatar Gas and Khafji Joint Operations.
“The Honeywell Users’ Group Conference offers a unique opportunity to draw together customers from different industries across the Middle East to share ideas and best practices that will help improve business performance,” said Larry Perkins, regional general manager, Honeywell Process Solutions, Middle East. “This event centers around our customers - their ideas and feedback are of fundamental importance in helping us continue to deliver better technology, service and lifecycle support to enhance their business performance in the future.”
“Honeywell is committed to investing in growth markets, and holding the conference annually in Bahrain underscores the strategic importance of the Middle East to our continued growth,” said Perkins.
Key solutions, products and services that will be highlighted at the conference include:
• Experion™ PKS R300 - attendees can learn more about R300 at a special presentation and can attend a live demonstration of its innovative and exclusive new features including a unique vertical design which not only saves significant space occupied in the control room, but also improves operator effectiveness through its Enhanced Procedural Operations functionality.
• Industrial Security - Protection for critical infrastructure at plants, terminals and ports from physical and cyber attacks have become a fundamental business issues for Honeywell’s Middle East customers. Both sessions and live demonstrations will highlight Honeywell’s solutions for IT and network security.
• Corrosion - The global process control industry spends an average of $50 billion a year on corrosion problems – sessions on corrosion detection capabilities will explore how customers can detect corrosion and so reduce maintenance costs and increase unit productivity.
• Simulation - Simulation is a highly effective and cost-efficient way for process manufacturers to increase plant profitability - Honeywell will be hosting sessions on simulation and provide a live demonstration of its UniSim™ simulation solution to help drive long-term operational safety and stability.
Honeywell International is a $28 billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; turbochargers; and specialty materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell’s shares are traded on the New York, London, Chicago and Pacific Stock Exchanges. It is one of the 30 stocks that make up the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is also a component of the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. For additional information, please visit www.honeywell.com. Honeywell Process Solutions is part of Honeywell’s Automation and Control Solutions group, a global leader in providing product and service solutions that improve efficiency and profitability, support regulatory compliance, and maintain safe, comfortable environments in homes, buildings and industry. For more information about Process Solutions, access www.honeywell.com/ps.
- Honeywell Emea Users’ Group Helps Industry Leaders Succeed In A Changing Business Environment
- Powering the Middle East Energy industry - Middle East Electricity 2007 opens with record visitor attendance
- HONEYWELL EXPANDS MIDDLE EAST OPERATIONS
- SunGard Higher Education Middle East User Group Conference To Help Promote Collaboration Among Regional Colleges and Universities