Husseini Hopes Restoration of Kuwaiti-Palestinian Ties
PA official in charge of Jerusalem File, Faisal Husseini, hoped that his current visit to Kuwait would result in “restoration of normal bilateral ties with Kuwait,” according to the official Kuwait news agency (KUNA).
Husseini’s visit is the first by a high-ranking official to the Gulf state since Kuwaiti-Palestinian ties were strained 10 years ago.
KUNA said that Kuwait MPs who met with Husseini Tuesday asserted that the Palestinian people are not alone in the resistance of the Israeli occupation.
Kuwait hosts Thursday a GGC meeting to shun ties with Israel.
The official spokesman of the Second Popular Conference for Combating Normalization of Ties with Israel MP Abdullah Al Naibari said at a news conference that the gathering will emphasize Kuwait’s support to the Palestinians.
Nibari asserted necessity of unifying the Arabs' ranks to liberate Palestine and Jerusalem, KUNA quoted him as saying – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti MP Admits Offending PA’s Husseini, Calls for Mending Kuwaiti-Arab Fences
- GCC Associations Gather in Kuwait to Shun Ties with Israel
- PLO leader apologizes to Kuwait
- A home win for Egypt: Local filmmakers grab four awards at the Luxor African Film Festival
- Literature, resistance, hope – and Palestine