IAEA chief to arrive in Tehran
Iran`s envoy is to start negotiations with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Additional Protocol to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) next week. Presidential Adviser and Head of the Secretariat of the Supreme National Security Council Ali Rabiei told IRNA on Monday that views, concerns, technical and economic considerations and Iran`s national interests and security on the protocol are among major issues to be discussed.
"It is natural that political and security considerations would be prioritized in the talks," he said.
Rabeie added that IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei is expected to visit Iran this Thursday.
Iran says it needs to receive guarantees before signing the
additional protocol that the sanctions imposed by the West are removed and that Iran will be provided by the nuclear technology to meet its energy demand. (Albawaba.com)
- IAEA Chief arrives in Tehran for further nuclear talks
- Iran president stresses right to enrich uranium as IAEA chief in Tehran
- IAEA chief holds talks in Iran; Report: Iranian military equipment transport ship enters North Korean port
- UNHCR Chief Arrives in Tehran
- IAEA chief in Iran for talks on new facility