ICC Set to Hold Board Meeting in Beirut
Paris-based International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) will hold its executive board meeting in Beirut next week as delegates explore the country's investment opportunities, the Daily Star reported Saturday.
For the first time in its 81-year history, Lebanon hosts such an international event, as the ICC head Adnan Kassar has invited 50 delegates from 17 countries for a four-day fact-finding mission to outline the scope for investments after the Israeli withdrawal from the south, the daily said.
Kassar, whose two-year tenure will draw to close at the end of this year, is the first Arab to be elected head of ICC.
According to the ICC website, the world business organization is the only representative body that speaks with authority on behalf of enterprises from all sectors in every part of the world.
”ICC promotes an open international trade and investment system and the market economy. Its conviction is that trade is a powerful force for peace and prosperity. The small group of far-sighted business leaders who founded ICC called themselves "the merchants of peace." - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- ICC Qatar to host ICC-G20 Regional Policy Consultation for Middle East and North Africa in Doha on October 6th, 2011
- Arab Chambers of Commerce to Hold Meeting in Beirut Wednesday
- ICC Chairman Gerard Worms appointed to two-year term
- Arafat-Powell Meeting Set for Paris this Week
- TAKREEM Awards advisory board meets in Beirut