Two more Israeli soldiers killed in Gaza
Two more Israeli soldiers have been killed in fighting in the Gaza Strip, raising the official number of the troops killed in the 16-day Israeli offensive against the blockaded Palestinian sliver to 29.
The Israeli military said it lost two more soldiers in fighting in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday evening.
According to Israeli army, at least 29 Israeli soldiers have been killed since the combat began on July 8, more than twice as many as the figure in the last Israel’s ground incursion on Gaza in 2009.
However, the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas says the death toll is higher. Hamas said it has killed more than 50 soldiers.
Two Israeli civilians have also been killed by rocket fire so far.
More than 100 Israeli soldiers have been confirmed wounded over the past few days. As many as 20 soldiers were injured over the last 24 hours.
Hamas has fired hundreds of retaliatory rockets into Israel. Warning sirens have sounded in Tel Aviv, Yavne, Gadara, Ashkelon, Ashdod, and many other places.
- Israel's secret Hasbara handbook exposed: advice on how to influence the media and public opinion
- Collaborator arrested in Gaza; Israeli soldier shot dead in Gaza Strip; Two Palestinians killed in Tulkarem, Khan Yunis
- Two Americans killed fighting for Israel in Gaza
- Two Palestinians shot dead by Israeli fire in Gaza Strip as Israeli soldier killed in W. Bank attack
- Palestinian attack in northern Gaza Strip: Two Israeli soldiers shot dead, at least one Palestinian killed