IDF: 'we are preparing to attack, not only defend'
The IDF is expected to carry out final preparations to destroy the last of Hamas's tunnels on Sunday, before regrouping ahead of further activity against Hamas.
"There is no decision to stop the operation," a senior army source said Sunday.
As ground forces move back into Israel into staging areas, some have remained in the Strip to form a security zone to protect Israeli villages.
"We are preparing to attack, not only to defend," the source said. "If a decision is made that this is necessary, we will attack," he added.
The IDF struck 108 targets overnight between Saturday and Sunday in Gaza.
One soldier was moderately injured by Palestinian sniper fire in the Beit Hanoun region of Gaza.
Givati infantry soldiers have seized quantities of firearms, rocket launchers, and anti-tank missiles on Saturday night.
Gaza hospital officials said at least 30 Palestinians in Rafah were killed by Israeli fire on Sunday, including nine from the same family.
- Hamas armed wing: two soldiers killed in action, bringing total to 5
- One Israeli soldier killed, two wounded in West Bank shooting attack
- Gaza Strip: Four Palestinians dead as Israel mulls response to rocket firing
- 10 Palestinians killed in Gaza Strip, W. Bank; Israeli soldier shot dead
- Gaza Strip: At least five Israeli soldiers killed in Palestinian attack on militay outpost