The IISS 7th Regional Security Summit: The Manama Dialogue – Media registration now open
The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is pleased to announce that media registration is now open for the 7th IISS Regional Security Summit: The Manama Dialogue, to be held 3-5 December 2010 in The Kingdom of Bahrain. For registration details please contact Manamaemail@example.com.
The Manama Dialogue is the primary security forum in the Gulf, bringing together national security and foreign policy establishments of the region with critical external powers. Over 25 nations will gather to advance new policy thinking and immediate policy goals in several different formats.
In 2010, the 7th anniversary meeting will draw together the highest concentration to date of policy-makers involved in regional security, and delegations will consist of a senior blend of prime ministers, defence ministers, foreign ministers, national security advisors, and military and intelligence chiefs. On- and off-the-record meetings designed to foster the furthering of foreign policy characterise The Manama Dialogue. A television debate will include panelists addressing the 'Perspective from the Manama Dialogue' before the official opening of the summit on Friday, 3 December. The IISS Manama Dialogue outline agenda is available here.
Over 2010, the Institute has greatly expanded its cooperation with the Kingdom of Bahrain beyond The Manama Dialogue. On Thursday, 13 May 2010, IISS-Middle East became the Institute's latest international office, located in GBCorp Tower in Manama. IISS-Middle East serves as a base for the Institute's many research programmes and activities throughout the region, as well as a connection to IISS initiatives in Europe, North America and Asia.
- IISS Manama Dialogue spotlight on International Experts and Senior Fellows Dr Mamoun Fandy and Robert Whalley CB
- Dozens of Senior Ministers, Experts to Engage at IISS Regional Security Summit, The Manama Dialogue
- Opening of the IISS–Middle East Office
- The International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS) is pleased to announce the appointment of
- Senior government ministers to address the 6th IISS regional security summit, The Manama Dialogue