Importance of SAMENA’s role in the telecom sector on the rise in Turkey
Samena Telecommunications Council, the the tri-regional consortium of telecom operators has announced that Gantek Technologies, one of the most innovative Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) companies in the region and Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş., the sole GSM 1800 mobile operator in Turkey with a customer base of 11.8 million have become members of the Council adding to the rapidly expanding membership base.
Welcoming the new members, Bocar A. Ba, President of SAMENA Telecommunications Council said, “The expertise of Gantek Technologies and Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş. and their experience in the highly progressive and competitive Turkish market will play a crucial role in furthering SAMENA’s efforts in promoting knowledge-sharing and business relationships among its members. Hence we are extremely grateful to them for joining the Council as members.”
“The rapidly expanding membership base of SAMENA is evidence of the growing importance of the role that the Council plays in promoting the telecommunications industry by providing a wide range of discussion platforms, facilitating dialogue and promoting collaboration and convergence within the industry”, added Ba.
The local experience of Gantek and Avea İletişim Hizmetleri A.Ş. is invaluable and the SAMENA member community will definitely benefit from the expertise of these firms.
- Telecom Operators Meet to Enhance International Roaming in SAMENA region through “SIRG”
- Huawei wins “Best Innovative Technology of the Year” Award
- SAMENA’s ‘Convergence to Istanbul 2009’ to highlight the growing importance of convergent solutions
- Saudi Telecom’s Munif Al Mutairi and Orange-Jordan’s Ibrahim Harb elected as Chairman and Vice-Chairman of SAMENA International Roaming Group
- Two new members join SAMENA’s Board of Directors