Incorrect Mail Addresses behind Failure in Delivering Book-on-Line Items to Qataris
Qatar’s General Post Office (GPO) has not been able to deliver a large number of letter packets, sent by US online book stores to Doha due to “incorrect mailing details,” reported the Gulf Times newspaper on Monday.
Ali Mohamad al-Ali, director of GPO, told the paper that the department was receiving an increasing number of undeliverable mail items from online books stores such as Amazon.com, adding that addressees seem to have provided incorrect mailing details to these companies.
For instance, some packets bear P.O. Box numbers between 25,000 and 30,000. "We do not have P.O. Box numbers in that series. The block is reserved for future expansion of the GPO", al-Ali added.
The director urged the customers to provide accurate addresses to the mailing companies to avoid delay in delivery and inconvenience to the sender, handler and the receiver – Albawaba.com
- UAE POSTAL AUTHORITY REPORTS INCREASE IN MAIL
- Singapore Post Sees Red over British Letters
- Melissa Data Announces New Movers Mailing Lists to Reach New Movers with Timely Household Offers
- Q-Tel: Qatar National E-Mail Crashes, New Server to be Installed
- Empost launches EmDirect, a value-added Direct Mail Marketing service