Indian PM visits in Syria, voices concern regarding regional situation
The visiting Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee on Saturday said that Syria and India are looking for achieving similar goals in terms of development and modernization.
"Syria and India are worried over the exploded situation in this region and we welcome any efforts exerted to find a permanent solution to the old problems in the Middle East region," Vajpayee commented regarding the political situation.
"We have been calling for comprehensive peace based on the complete implementation of the international United Nations Security Council resolutions No. 242, 338, 1397, 497 and land for peace formula," Vajpayee added.
- India's Prime Minister wraps up Syria visit; urges end to cycle of violence in Middle East
- Fearing to fly over war zone, Indian PM cancels Syria visit
- Indian PM Gets Opposition Backing ahead of Pakistan Summit
- Indian PM: Talks with Kashmiri Militants do not Undermine National Security
- India and Pakistan Leaders Shake Hands, But No Negotiation