Indonesia Condemns Israeli Actions Against Palestinian People
Indonesia condemned on Tuesday Israel's actions against Palestinians and said the violence would hamper peace efforts.
"We condemn the continuous brutal actions by Israeli security personnel against Palestinian civilians," Foreign Minister Hassan Wirayuda told reporters, saying the recent cycle of violence would hamper efforts for an overall settlement, according to AFP.
It was the second condemnation in four days from Indonesia, the world's largest Muslim-populated country.
"Israel's policy to force Palestinians to submission by the use of brute force is fundamentally flawed and underestimates the Palestinian collective will for statehood," a foreign ministry spokesman said Friday. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Turkey Condemns Middle East Violence, Pledges to Keep up Peace Efforts
- Palestinians Hail UN Condemnation of Israel Use of 'Excessive Force'
- Egypt Condemns Israel's Ongoing Assassinations of Palestinians
- Spanish FM: Spain Condemns Israeli Attacks on Palestinians
- Bush says Palestinian state - Israel's interest