Interim PM: Weapons of mass destruction found in Libya

Libya
Libya’s interim prime minister on Sunday confirmed the presence of chemical and nuclear weapons. According to him, foreign inspectors will arrive later this week to deal with the issue.
According to the AP, Mahmoud Jibril said Libya has no interest in keeping such weapons. “We would like to assure you that the new Libya will be a peaceful Libya and that it is in our interest to have no weapons in Libya,” he told reporters.
Last week, Ian Martin, the top U.N. envoy to Libya, told the U.N. Security Council that undeclared chemical weapons sites have been located in Libya. He also voiced concern over command and control of chemical and nuclear material sites.
“There are international organizations taking care of this issue,” Jibril said.
Top Headlines
RELATED ARTICLES
- Sharon: Israel concerned about Libya efforts to acquire nuclear weapons; Tripoli: Sharon suffers from '\'hysteria'\'
- Libya starts destroying 3,300 unfilled bombs
- Blix dismisses Bush claim that Iraq war forced Libya to give up WMD
- Components of Libya's weapons of mass destruction programs flown to the US
- ElBaradei visits former nuclear '\'secret sites'\'; says Libya was in '\'early stages'\' of weapons program


















