Interior Ministry source denies security men injured in Saudi shootout
An official source from the Saudi interior ministry has denied the media report, which claimed that eight Saudi security men were injured on Saturday, when they clashed with persons suspected to be supporters of Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.
Remarking on the issue, the official source said “when the security men tried to arrest Mohammed Al-Suheim, who was involved in a security problem, at one of the public rest houses in Riyadh, he tried to resist the security men”, SPA reported.
The official source then added, “But the security men were able to capture him after injuring him on his right leg”, noting that “none of the security men was injured”, the agency concluded. (Albawaba.com)
- Investigation begins over clash with Saudi security officials in Riyadh
- Saudi Arabia hands over nine '\'security cases'\' to Yemen
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- Riyadh: Suspect wounded in shoot-out with Saudi security
- Six foreign civilians killed in Saudi Arabia attack