International Feminist Expo to Be Held in U.S.
The first feminist conference of the 21st century will be held in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A. and will feature a number of Arab activists.
According to the Jordan Times daily, the event, Feminist Expo - 2000, is scheduled for March 31-April 2. Jordan will be represented by Rana Husseini, a women's rights activist and journalist, who will address the participants about women's rights in Jordan.
Among those invited were Asma Khader and representatives from the Egyptian Assiut Alliance for Arab Women. The conference is designed to provide a forum for feminists from a range of professions, including media, law, arts, politics, students, business, and education, to air their ideas relating to women's rights and issues, such as domestic violence. The organizers hope the expo will show to the world the strength and depth of the feminist movement. The conference will be offering seminars and discussion groups that will be translated to French and Spanish.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- 200 Women Gather in Bahrain to Push For Legal Rights
- The International Women calles for guaranteeing the rights of the Iraqi Women
- His Majesty King Abdullah II rewards human rights defender Rana Husseini with Al Hussein Decoration Medal
- Lebanese Men and Women Take Demands to the Streets
- Arab feminists map out the status of women's rights in the region