Internationally renowned translator Johnson-Davies to speak at AUC
Leading Arabic-English translator Denys Johnson-Davies who has translated more than 25 novels and short story collections of several Arabic writers, including Naguib Mahfouz, Yusuf Idris, Tayeb Saleh and Salwa Bakr. He is also recently written a memoir - Memories in Translation: A life Between the Lines of Arabic Literature - about his experience as a translator and the Arab authors he translated.
Inaugural lecture of the lecture series - The Translator – which is being launched by AUC’s newly established Center for Translation Studies.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009; 6:00 pm
Oriental Hall, AUC Downtown
- Alum Ahdaf Soueif To Speak At AUC
- Award-winning Arabic-English translator Humphrey Davies speaks at AUC
- Internationally renowned translator Johnson-Davies speaks at AUC
- Award-winning young Iranian filmmakers pitch up in Cairo to start their Um Kulthum biopic
- AUC celebrates fall 2009 graduate commencement