Investcorp offers new structured investment product
Investcorp, the leading global asset manager specialising in alternative investments, has announced the offering of Investcorp Crescendo Series 1 redeemable shares, an innovative structured investment opportunity which allows investors to participate in Investcorp’s flagship fund, the Investcorp Balanced Fund, with additional features designed to protect capital and enhance return profile.
The shares have four attractive and innovative product features:
• Targeted return of 12-14% per annum with annualized volatility of 7-10% over the life of the Fund, which is expected to mature in December 2013.
• Investors will benefit from capital protection at maturity, that is they will receive at final redemption a minimum payback of 100% of the purchase price paid.
• A profit lock-in feature, which gives the investor the potential of an increased amount of capital protection at maturity – each 10% increase in the net asset value of the shares increases the capital protection by 5%, based on an initial threshold of 120%.
• A special oil-linked feature, which will allow investors to benefit from a potential weakening in the oil price, by paying two potential bonus dividends of up to 7% at the end of each of the first two years.
Ibrahim Gharghour, Managing Director and co-head of the Investcorp Hedge Funds program said: “The combination of capital protection, controlled volatility and the profit lock-in feature, as well as the potential bonus dividends, make Investcorp Crescendo Series I an attractive opportunity for investors looking for appropriate hedge fund exposure.”
Deepak Gurnani, Managing Director and co-head of the Investcorp Hedge Funds program added: “We’re meeting considerable interest from our clients across the region, many of whom are of course familiar with Investcorp Balanced Fund’s strong, consistent performance.”
Investcorp is a manager of alternative asset management products and has offices in the Kingdom of Bahrain, London and New York. It has five product areas: private equity, hedge funds, real estate investment, venture capital and Gulf growth capital. Established in 1982, it now manages total investments in alternative assets of around $10 billion.
The IBF, Investcorp’s core balanced hedge fund product, is a multi-manager, multi-strategy fund of hedge funds with approximately $1.8 billion in assets under management. Investcorp’s asset management business has approximately $5 billion in assets under management, of which approximately $2 billion is proprietary capital. In addition to its internationally recognized hedge fund-of-funds programme Investcorp also is active in the seeding of single managers through a dedicated platform.
Issued on behalf of Investcorp by Hill & Knowlton. For further information please contact Jamil Alsharif on Tel: +973 17533532, (M) +973 39634358 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Botwood Smith on Tel: +44 20 7629 6600 or email: email@example.com.
- Investcorp Hedge Funds Wins Two Prestigious Awards
- Investcorp tells Seminar in Dubai that Investor Capital is Flowing Back into Hedge Funds
- Investcorp Wins Inaugural Hedge Funds World Institutional Award
- Investcorp Wins Leading International Hedge Funds Award
- Investcorp and Interlachen Capital Group Form Strategic Partnership