Ira’s Khatami Denounces Attacks on US
Iranian President Mohammad Khatami on Tuesday condemned the “kamikaze terrorist” attacks in the United States and expressed his deep sorrow and sympathy with the American nation, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA).
"On behalf of the Iranian government and the nation, I condemn the hijacking attempts and terrorist attacks on public centers in American cities which have killed a large number of innocent people," Khatami said. Three hijacked planes slammed into the Pentagon and New York's landmark World Trade Center on Tuesday, demolishing the two
"My deep sympathy goes out to the American nation, particularly those who have suffered from the attacks and also the families of the victims," he said, noting, "terrorism is doomed and the international community should stem it and take effective measures in a bid to eradicate it."
Khatami added that the Islamic republic is treading a road to uproot terrorism and to this end, he noted, it will spare no efforts – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Khatami condemns Casablanca attacks, calls for organizing global coalition against terrorism
- Khatami to Address UN on Civilization Dialogue
- Turkey, Bulgaria Suggest Sept 11 as World Anti-Terrorism Day
- Iran’s President Condemns Israeli Attacks on Palestinians
- Iran condemns London attacks, calls to act against injustice in Middle East