Iran’s Defense minister: Bush must apologize for “evil rhetoric”
Iran's Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani called upon United States President George W. Bush to apologize for using "evil political rhetoric" against Iran, the state radio reported Tuesday.
President Bush must "apologize to our nation for using evil political rhetoric about Iran", Shamkani said, adding that the Islamic republic was "very serious in defending the red lines" of its borders.
"Our enemies know the red lines of our borders and are aware that we are very serious in defending these red lines", he said in an interview with state radio. He said Tehran, which Bush has labeled part of an "axis of evil" was not Iraq or Afghanistan and "has the defensive capabilities to confront any threat, considering its special strategic position".
The "US president has targeted Iran's unity and security but he has failed to achieve his goal", Shamkhani added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Senior Iranian Cleric Wishes Death for Bush, Sharon
- Iran’s Defense Minister: Bush thinks he’s a sheriff in a cowboy era
- Former US Vice President: “We Must Be Prepared To Go The Limit” With Iraq; Iran – Greater Threat Than Iraq
- Iran says able to ”deter” attacks following Bush warning
- Iranian DM delivers strong warning to Israel