Iran’s Defense minister: Bush must apologize for “evil rhetoric”
Iran's Defense Minister Ali Shamkhani called upon United States President George W. Bush to apologize for using "evil political rhetoric" against Iran, the state radio reported Tuesday.
President Bush must "apologize to our nation for using evil political rhetoric about Iran", Shamkani said, adding that the Islamic republic was "very serious in defending the red lines" of its borders.
"Our enemies know the red lines of our borders and are aware that we are very serious in defending these red lines", he said in an interview with state radio. He said Tehran, which Bush has labeled part of an "axis of evil" was not Iraq or Afghanistan and "has the defensive capabilities to confront any threat, considering its special strategic position".
The "US president has targeted Iran's unity and security but he has failed to achieve his goal", Shamkhani added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel Escalates Rhetoric Against Iran; Tehran Seeks Help from Washington to Arrest al Qaeda Fighters
- Iran’s Defense Minister to Run for President
- Saudi CP Speaks About Arafat, Bin Laden, Iran and Iraq
- Separating fact from fiction in Romney's Middle East
- Iran president: US should apologize for conduct in Iraq