Iran’s Foreign Minister briefs British, French counterparts on Iraqi FM’s visit
Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharazi has briefed his British and French counterparts on the outcome of Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri's visit to Iran.
IRNA news agency on Wednesday said Kharazi phoned Britain's Jack Straw and France’s Dominique de Villepin as well as EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana on Tuesday on the Iraqi official's visit.
He said Tehran stressed in talks with Sabri, who arrived in Iran on Sunday, the necessity for Baghdad to cooperate with United Nations weapons inspectors to prevent a military strike in the region.
Kharazi also said that the Iraqi foreign minister said Baghdad was ready to fully cooperate with the inspectors.
According to the news agency, the European officials underlined to Kharazi that the key was in Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's hands to prevent a US-led war to eliminate his alleged weapons of mass destruction. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraqi Foreign Minister visits Iran for talks
- Iranian Foreign Minister in Portugal; says Tehran won’t join war against Iraq
- Iran states it has “active neutrality” policy regarding Iraq
- Iranian Parliament Member: Iraqi Foreign Minister’s visit to Iran cancelled
- Iranian Foreign Minister to Visit Baghdad Thursday