Iran’s Security Forces Bust two Khalq Groups
Two groups of the Mojahedeen Khalq opposition group were busted in separate incidents by Iran’s security forces Tuesday, reported the Iranian News Agency (IRNA).
The interior ministry said in a statement that the “terrorists were busted in the southern province of Ilam, west of the capital Tehran.”
The ministry added that the two groups infiltrated into Iran from Iraq, and wanted to conduct sabotage operations in the town of Ilam.
“The forces seized a considerable haul of weaponry, ammunition and forged documents from the terrorists,” added the statement.
The ministry announced that security forces, in January, foiled twenty-five operations by Khalq in Tehran and several other cities close to Iraq.
The outlawed organization has its headquarters in neighboring Iraq, with members scattered also in Europe and northern America – Albawaba.com
- Iran: U.S. wants to forge security dominance in Europe
- Iran’s Security Forces Kill Two Khalq Members, Arrest Several Others
- Iran’s Security Forces Kill ‘Several’ Khalq Members
- Tehran: Security Forces Killed and Injured Several Khalq Members at Iraqi Border
- Khalq: Over 1,000 Detained since Riots Erupted in Northeastern Iran