Iran’s Security Forces Kill ‘Several’ Khalq Members
Iran's security forces killed several members of the outlawed Mojahedeen Khalq rebel group on Tuesday, reported the official Iranian news agency (IRNA).
According to a statement released by the Iranian Information Ministry, the Khalq members had infiltrated Iran to sabotage recent presidential elections.
"Considering the equipment seized from the terrorists, they intended to plant bombs in various areas in the country, but were arrested before they could implement their sinister plans," the statement said, cited by the agency.
The outlawed group had carried out a series of attacks in Tehran before the Iranian army responded with a massive missile attack in April.
The rebels group's bases in Iraq were reportedly destroyed and seven people were killed, all but one Iraqi civilians - Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Minister: Iran Destroyed all Khalq Bases in Iraq
- Iran’s Security Forces Kill Two Khalq Members, Arrest Several Others
- Tehran: Security Forces Killed and Injured Several Khalq Members at Iraqi Border
- Iran’s Security Forces Bust two Khalq Groups
- Members of Iran's Armed Opposition Killed by Security Forces