Iran: 60 including senior Revolutionary Guards officers killed in attack
At least two senior commanders of the elite Revolutionary Guards were assassinated in southeastern Iran on Sunday, in an attack in which some 60 people died or wounded, Iranian media reported. The two commanders were the deputy head of the Guards' ground forces, General Nourali Shoushtari, and the Guards' commander in Sistan-Baluchestan province, General Mohammadzadeh, news agencies reported.
"Several Iranian military officers killed in terrorist attack," state Press TV reported. The official IRNA news agency, citing an unconfirmed report, said the Guards officials were on their way to a meeting of tribal leaders when they were attacked.
The semi-official Fars News Agency said they were attacked by unknown assailants.
- Iranian Revolutionary Guard killed
- Senior Iranian Revolutionary Guard dies under mysterious circumstances - reports
- Iran's Top Rocket Man Dies Mysteriously, Family Accuses Revolutionary Guards
- Minister who objected to Morsi's hush hush meeting with Iran is ousted from government
- Iran Revolutionary Guards Commander killed in Syria