Iran blasts US support for “Zionist terrorism”
Iran on Sunday condemned what it described as Israel's "brutal and savage aggression", calling for all Muslim states to rally behind the Palestinian cause.
"The backers of the Zionist regime, particularly the United States, are responsible for Israel’s brutal and savage aggression and blatant terrorism," foreign ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi told state radio, cited by AFP.
He said Israel was "violating all international rules and resolutions arrogantly", and "profiteering from the Iraq crisis to divert world public attention from its brutal attacks on Palestinians."
Asefi demanded "immediate measures" by all Muslim countries "to help the Palestinians." (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran condemns Israel's ”provocative acts” against Palestinians
- Iran describes Israel as ”terrorist state” following call to assassinate Ahmadinejad
- Iran Denounces UN Failure to Take Action against Israeli Aggression
- Tehran: If Palestinians accept two-state solution, Iran not to resist
- Iran: Israel - ”Center of terror”