Iran Claims Iraq Responsible for Recent 'Terrorist' Attacks
Tehran holds Baghdad responsible for the recent "terrorist" attacks by Iran's armed opposition movement, the People's Mujahedeen, foreign ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi said Wednesday, quoted by the official IRNA news agency.
"The terrorist activities of the Monafeqin are supported by Iraq," said Asefi, using the Farsi word for "hypocrites" used by the authorities for the Mujahedeen.
"The subversive activities of the group against Iranian soil are being made with Iraq's support and that is against the principle of good neighborly relations," he said - TEHRAN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iraq Denies Responsibility for Recent 'Terrorist' Attacks in Iran
- Tehran: Terrorist Group from Iran's Armed Opposition Group Arrested
- Yunessi: Iran's Armed Opposition Attacks Will Receive ‘Fitting Reply’
- Newspaper: Saddam Stepping up Opposition Support to Undermine Iran
- Iran Opposition Group Claims Tehran Explosions