Iran condemns London attacks, calls to act against injustice in Middle East
Iran's President Mohammad Khatami on Saturday condemned the terrorist attacks that rocked London on Thursday. Iranian News Agency quoted Khatami as saying in his condolences cable to the families of the victims: “ I had repeatedly announced that such terrorist attempts are condemned and rejected as well they contradict the heavenly principles and values.”
The Iranian leader also voiced solidarity with families of the victims and injured persons. Iranian newspapers, published Saturday, also denounced London blasts calling on the international community and international organizations to completely combat terrorism in the world.
“This will be through the West to abandon selectivity in dealing with the international causes and not to support Israel against the Palestinian people,” papers said calling for returning the Palestinians’ legitimate rights, withdrawal of the occupation forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, combating injustice and poverty in all over the world as well respecting the peoples’ cultures.
- Iran condemns Israel's ”provocative acts” against Palestinians
- Khatami condemns Casablanca attacks, calls for organizing global coalition against terrorism
- Iran Condemns Israel's ‘Terrorist Attacks’
- Iran Condemns Israel's ‘Terrorist attacks’
- Amnesty International Condemns Attacks on Civilians in Middle East