Iran denounces draft nuclear resolution
Iran`s ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Wednesday denounced a draft nuclear resolution on Iran, saying it was "tough and one-sided." "In the face of constructive activities and cooperation of Iran and implementation of (international) laws and regulations by the Islamic Republic, the draft resolution must not have taken such a shape," Pirooz Hosseini told IRNA.
"Europeans tried to tone down the preliminary text of Americans' resolution, which was very much tougher than the existing one and omit some points, but the non-constructive efforts of Americans prevented the Europeans from fully achieving their objectives," he added.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran not happy with EU draft resolution on nuclear activities
- IAEA: US, European envoys clash over Iran nuclear plan decision
- Iran warns of ”incorrect” decision by the United Nations Security Council
- Iran warns against adoption of new UN security Council resolution
- Iran dismisses demand to freeze uranium enrichment