Iran develops first time ever anti-ship missile
Iran has manufactured for the first time ever an anti-ship missile named "Kosar" in line with its strategy to reinforce its defensive capabilities, an announcement
According to the Publicity Department of the Ministry of Defense, the new missile is a kind of cruise missile designed for defensive purposes.
Iran`s Aerospace Industries Organization has manufactured the missile, the official IRNA news agency reported.
The new missile can target its goals in three different
positions as coast-to-sea, sea-to-sea and air-to-sea.
The new missile has been designed in two types - televised and radar guided ones - with the former not being traced down by radar, the agency said.
The new missile has been designed according to geographical specifications of the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- New Israeli Test of Arrow Missile Due Soon
- Iran starts production of new surface-to-surface missile
- Report: Iran Successfully Test-Fires Domestic Solid-Fuelled Missile
- Iran develops '\'one of the world's most precise surface-to-surface missiles'\'
- Iran’s new surface-surface missile has 200 kilometer range