Iran FM praises Hizbullah over swap deal; hopes fate of four missing Iranian diplomats to be determined soon
Iran's Foreign Minister Dr. Kamal Kharrazi expressed appreciation over the victories achieved by the Lebanese national resistance, the latest of which was the release of Arab prisoners from Israeli jails, stressing that resistance forced Israeli invaders to withdraw from south Lebanon.
Kharrazi, who returned from Geneva where he took part in a conference on nuclear non-proliferation, told reporters he hoped it would be possible to soon determine the fate of four Iranian diplomats abducted by Israeli occupation troops in Lebanon in 1982, according to the official SANA news agency.
In addition, Kharrazi called for freeing the world from all nuclear weapons, reiterated Tehran's denial of possessing such weapons, the agency concluded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iranian FM arrives in Beirut to promote second stage of prisoner swap deal between Israel and Hizbullah
- Iran welcomes Hizbullah-Israel deal
- Iran: Lebanon has legitimate right to liberate own territories
- Top Lebanonese Journalist Says Israel Behind 1982 Abduction of Iranian Diplomats
- FM: Iran has right to have access to nuclear energy