Iran FM: Recent elections - ”peak of democracy”
Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi called on Tuesday the 9th presidential campaign election as "peak of democracy" in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Addressing foreign ambassadors and diplomats in Tehran, Kharrazi said the "enemies have launched a misinformation propaganda" against Iran's election but they revise their policy towards Iran and respect Iranian nation's will and determination.
According to IRNA, Kharrazi said the 9th presidential elections "demonstrated the existence of deeply-rooted dynamism in Iranian society."
"The double-standard approach shown by some foreign countries towards Iran's democracy can merely be an evidence of unfaithfulness to Iranian nation," said Kharrazi, adding that a number of countries who followed the US policies in fact have been unfaithful to the desire for promotion of democracy-seeking in Iran and the region.
Referring to recent campaign against Iran's president-elect by some media circles, Kharrazi called them "baseless" and said the hasty propaganda campaign had other motives which bear no fruits except disgrace for their masterminds. The 9th presidential elections will not make any change in Iran's foreign policy, he said.
- Iranian FM lashes out at France over "interference" in elections
- Turkey's upcoming elections explained in cat memes
- Former Iranian FM to Stand for Presidential Elections in 2001
- Iran FM: No change expected in foreign policy following presidential election
- Iran FM: Presence of foreign forces - source of attacks in Iraq