Iran: Four candidates for presidential elections approved
The election commission of the Interior Ministry on Wednesday confirmed the eligibility of four nominees for the next presidential elections, slated for June 12.
According to IRNA, the candidates whose competencies have been verified by the elections commission are as follows:
1- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (Incumbent President)
2- Mohsen Rezaie (Secretary of the Expediency Council)
3- Mehdi Karroubi (Former Majlis Speaker)
4- Mir-Hossein Moussavi (Former Prime Minister)
According to the Iranian law, the election campaign of the candidates starts as of today until June 11, that is 24 hours before the elections begin.
- Iran: Campaigning for presidential elections ends
- Iranian president urged to publish report on election violations
- Iran elects president: Khamenei calls for massive participation in vote
- Iran election - high voter turnout expected
- Iran’s Interior Ministry Working Hard to Ensure ‘Sound’ Elections in June