Israeli defense minister makes inflammatory comments regarding Iran
Israel’s defense minister Moshe Yaalon said Tuesday that Israel can only rely on itself, and not the United States, with regards to Iran, reports the Associated Press.
Yaalon was quoted as saying: “we have to look out for ourselves” and claimed Israel could not rely on the U.S. to take action. The defense minister declined to comment on whether he was advocating for an Israeli strike against Iran.
Israel is displeased with the United States for engaging in talks with Iran about their controversial nuclear program. The U.S. seeks to find a diplomatic solution to the problem in an effort to avoid a military confrontation.
Iran says its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes.
- Moshe Yaalon explains recent comments to U.S.
- Israeli defense minister makes veiled threat against Iran’s scientists
- A sneak Israeli preview on Iran: Is Ahmadinejad taking a nuclear time-out to champion the Shia Spring?
- Israeli Defense Minister Claims Iran Will Have Nuclear Weapons by 2005
- Israel distancing itself from minister's comments about Iran attack