Iran rejects Russian account on nuclear weapons
Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid-Reza Asefi in Tehran Monday rejected the remarks of a Russian military official that the Islamic Republic is equipped with required facilities to develop nuclear weapons, saying Iran's nuclear activities merely embrace “peaceful purposes”, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.
Asefi said the Russian general had not been aware of Tehran's peaceful use of nuclear activities when he issued those remarks.
He further restated that Iran's nuclear activities in the Bushehr Power Plant never undermined the nonproliferation regime, and that they fully comply with the requirements of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). (albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran says no need to report certain nuclear activities to Int’l Atomic Energy Agency
- Spokesman: Iran agrees to build confidence over nuclear issue
- Iran to resume nuclear activities
- Iran rejects Europe demands to abandon uranium program
- Iran determined to continue with nuclear development plans despite US concerns