Iran Rejects Shift in Tehran-Moscow Nuclear Cooperation
There has been no change in Tehran-Moscow cooperation in the peaceful use of nuclear energy, announced Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hamidreza Assefi.
The Persian daily Bonyan on Tuesday quoted Assefi as saying that Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant aims certain peaceful goals, adding that Russian experts are still continuing their work to complete the plant.
He stressed that Iran-Russia nuclear cooperation would not threaten any country, and said there had been basically no reason to stop such cooperation.
Earlier, citing remarks of the Russian energy minister on the change of policy for mutual nuclear cooperation, Bonyan had reported that Russian experts are leaving Bushehr plant. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Russia, Iran stress continuation of nuclear cooperation
- Russia views '\'no obstacles'\' to nuclear cooperation with Iran
- Russia: No need to halt construction of nuclear plant in Iran
- Despite US pressure: Russia reiterates commitment to build Iran's nuclear power plant
- Despite U.S. opposition, Russia plans to build second nuclear power plant in Iran