Iran says new chapter opened with-Algeria
Iran's President Seyed Mohammad Khatami said on Tuesday that a new chapter in Iran-Algeria relations has been opened, and called on their respective officials to counter threats and meet common interests.
According to a report released by the Press Bureau of the Presidential Office, the Iranian president's comments were made during a meeting with the new Algerian Ambassador to Tehran Mohammad Amin Dragi. Khatami lauded the status enjoyed by the Algerian nation in the international community and the efforts made by them to achieve independence, progress and development. Khatami visited Algeria on October 2, 2005 during the first leg of a three-nation Arab-African tour.
- Iran, Russia Reach ‘New Chapter’ in Military Ties, Leaving US Fretting
- VCUQatar gallery presents ‘100 Thoughts: Chapter 1’
- China visit to Iran marks ‘new chapter’ in relations
- Iran oil to hit 4.7 million bpd soon: petroleum minister
- US says "Iran not open for business"? Who cares! Turkey rushing to do business with Iran