Iran Sends Publishers to Chicago Book Fair
A group of Iranian publishers attended the June 1-3 Chicago International Book Fair, Iran’s offical news agency reported.
The delegation was sent by Iran's reformist government, ignoring the country's powerful religious establishment, which opposes normalization of relations with the West.
The general manager of the Assembly of Cultural Activities of the Islamic Republic of Iran, which is affiliated with the Iranian Ministry of Culture and Islamic Guidance, said that the publishers took part in the Chicago fair for the first time this year, the agency added.
The agency reported Thursday that a three-member official delegation had attended the fair.
"Publishers from Iran had three stands in the fair," said Mohammad Ali Shoaie, a spokesman for the ministry for culture and Islamic guidance.
"We displayed books for children and teenagers and also some religious literature in foreign languages," he said.
Iran has also invited American publishers to attend the 15th international book fair in Tehran later this year – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egyptian Diplomat Denies Ban on Iranian Publishers
- Persian translation of Kiarostami to be published
- Iran Sending Jewish MP on Official Delegation for First Time
- what did we do to deserve this? palestinian life under occupation in the westbank. mark howell. garnett publishing limited, reading, uk. 2007.
- The Palestine Conspiracy is available from the al-Bustan Book Store in Amman