In Iran: Shots fired at UK embassy residential compound
A British embassy residential compound in the Iranian capital of Tehran has been fired at in the third such shooting incident outside a British diplomatic facility this month, an embassy spokesman said on Monday.
Andrew Greenstock said two shots were fired at the main gate of the north Tehran compound at 6:10 pm (local time) Sunday, adding that nobody was injured in the shooting, according to AFP.
He said witnesses questioned after the shooting had seen two men on a motorbike fire the shots. The walled compound hit was one of the embassy's main residential facilities where a large proportion of embassy staff are housed. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Shots fired at UK embassy in Tehran hours after Iran recalled ambassador
- US asks UN nuclear watchdog to urge full Iranian disclosure on nukes; Shots fired at UK embassy in Tehran
- You may be surprised what posh Iranian youth are doing inside their compounds these days
- Iran police: No sign of shooting on British embassy
- 110 dead in Iraq; Interim PM wants elections in January