Iran state radio condemns Likud anti-Palestine vote
Iran's state radio on Monday condemned a vote by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Likud party to block the creation of a Palestinian state, saying it "unmasked the true face" of Israel's leadership, AFP reported.
"This decision has once again unmasked the true face of the leaders of the Zionist regime," Tehran Radio said.
"Ever since it (Israel) was established, Israeli leaders were opposed to a Palestinian state, as shown yet again by the latest decision," it said in a commentary on Sunday night's vote.
"All Israeli Prime Ministers have been against a Palestinian state," the radio added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Sharon’s party votes against establishment of Palestinian state; PA: vote ''a real slap in the face'' for Bush
- Damascus Radio: Israeli Premier’s victory in Likud to strengthen extremism
- Damascus Radio praises Palestinian Uprising; says it is “stronger” than “Zionist brutality”
- Damascus Radio: U.S. “deviated role” in fighting terrorism
- Bush reiterates support for independent Palestine; Arabs slam Likud vote